My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

To Pee or not to Pee?

Yesterday, on the way home from preschool, I was pleasantly surprised by my preschooler. The drive back is about 9 miles, and 1 mile into it Will loudly proclaimed that he needed to go potty, right now! Since he is famous for holding it way too long, resulting in disaster, this is not what you want to hear with 8 miles left between you and home!
"You have to hold it," I told him, as I accelerated past the speed limit. "But Mom, why can't I go outside?" he asked. So I explained that going potty along the hightway is not ok, and can get you in trouble. To which his sensible reply was, "But it's ok to puke outside." Hmmmm....interesting thought.
I opened my mouth to say that yes, that is true, but only because you can't help it when you need to throw up. Then I realized that technically, he can't help it when he has to go right now! So, how do you explain the difference to a preschooler?
Thankfully, we made it home disaster free. Still, I can't help but be impressed by Will's reasoning skills, I'm still laughing about it today.

No comments: