My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys


We have more snow this morning, and the high winds last night mean that preschool has been cancelled today. So, my almost 4 year old son is here at the quilt store today. This usually results in a hectic, messy, obnoxious day, but so far so good! He brought his snow clothes, and he his now happily playing outside on the sidewalk with his toy snowmobile. However, this is usually not the case!
If you have boys, you know what I'm talking about. If not, consider yourself lucky. Hair bows, tights, make-up and hissy fits are nothing compared to the damage a young son can do. Here are some examples: Will is the reason that...

There is rock salt in my computer keyboard, frequently blocking keys.
The #8 key is missing from my laptop.
There is a 3" slit in the canvas on my quilting machine.
I frequently find things in weird places at the store, like thread in the gift tins, and once, my key in a gift card, a month after I lost it!
There is no glass on the ceiling fan in his room, since it was broken 2 weeks after we moved in.
I know every word to every episode of Scooby Doo, Backyardigans, and Go, Diego, Go!
Our garage door to the laundry room has dents in it, from a golf club.
I'm not winning mother of the year, since he was once found playing in the highway in front of the store.
I had to replace a blind 2 months after we moved in, after it was cut up with scissors.
All the scissors at my house, and anything else remotely resembling a cutting tool, now reside on top of the fridge.
Before we moved out of the apartment last summer, we had to purchase glass for a new window. His sisters locked him out, so he was going to break his way in...with a hammer.
We also had to patch a hole in the wall, from his foot.
And finally, Will is the reason for 1/2 of my gray hairs, his Dad can claim the rest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to scare me or something?! I knew there was a reason I started seeing gray hairs after Aiden was born.....