My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Return of My Alter Ego

After a brief hiatus on Thursday, during which I ate peanut butter m&ms & cookies all afternoon and avoided the treadmill, my alter ego returned yesterday. First, she only wanted a single shot latte. (A weak drink at best)AND she didn't even finish it!! Then, she decided to do 45 minutes of kickboxing cardio in the afternoon. (so much for m&m's) I need to have a talk with her, since today I am feeling muscles I didn't know I had! To top it all off, my alter ego likes to cook, and actually tries new recipes.

If you know me at all, you already know I don't cook unless it's very simple. I'm just terrible at it, and I don't normally enjoy it. However, for the past couple of days I seem to be turning. First, I baked cookies Thursday night. I bake so little, in fact, that it took me 2 pans of cookies before I realized if I used both ovens I could be done in 1/2 the time! Then yesterday, I make a fruit dip to go with dinner. It was excellent, and very easy. Here is the recipe, from a Kraft Foods magazine: 1 16oz can of whole cranberry sauce and 8oz cream cheese, softened. Beat together and add 2 cups of cool whip. Stir in cwhip gently, then refrigerate 1 hour. We had this with apples, bananas, pineapple, and kiwi and it was very good.

So, I'm almost afraid of what my alter ego has in store for today. So far, only a single shot latte. My muscles are screaming NO! NO! NO! already in fear of what's coming!

No comments: