My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Boy is My Bank Account in Trouble!

I've been waiting all week, expecting any day now to see that familiar package in the mail. What is taking it so long??? I'm dying to read the newest Stephen King novel, Duma Key. My book club is supposed to send it to me any day now. I feel an all night reading fest coming on, and I can't wait!!
I been considering trying some audio book downloads on my iPod, after the successful download of the missed episode of Stargate Atlantis. (By the way, I'm NOT the only one, no matter what Monte says. It's #8 on top downloaded shows.) So I decided to browse the selection on itunes, and boy is my bank account in trouble! They have every book you can think of! They not only have every book by Stephen King, but also every other popular author. You do have to pay to download, and Duma Key is $31.95, so I guess I will wait for my $18.94 book.
Interesting, isn't it, that downloads are so much more that the actual paperback? They must be popular, but I think I would miss my all-night read-a-thons. It's been a long time since Lisey's Story, which I read over a few late nights in our camper last December. If I did try the audio version of Duma Key, I wouldn't be able to quilt and listen, in case I was startled by a suspenseful or scary part. How good would my quilting look then?
Even though I'm not ordering Duma Key, I saw about a hundred other books I would love to try. Books by Dr. Wayne Dyer, The Pillars of the Earth, and books about meditation; all things I'm been meaning to try. At $9-20 each, this could get expensive!

No comments: