My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Soundtrack to My Life

There are many songs that bring strong images and memories to mind as soon as I hear them. It may be the same for many of you. One example is the "American Housewife" song that reminds me of finding my ring in the toilet. Last week, I stumbled upon a television presentation of a Sawyer Brown concert. Anything be Sawyer Brown reminds me of my crazy grade school crush on Mark Miller, 2 concerts with my cousin Brandi, and watching "The Race is On" on CMT. Here are some others:

"Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake-when this song came out it was on the radio constantly. My kids love it. It reminds me of driving back to logging camp from Bowle's Cabin, deep in the North Idaho forest, after a day of swimming along the head waters of Dworshak Lake. There were kelly humps every 30-40 yards in the road, it was sunny and hot, and when this came on the radio, my kids were in the back seat singing at the top of their lungs. I eventually bought the CD, and Will still requests it at least once every car trip! Their singing and dancing is hilarious.

"Pump It!" by The Black Eyed Peas-this is another upbeat fun song that my kids go crazy for. We listened to it at least 100 times during the summer of 2005, and I'll never forget the time Kylee asked if I had the "Green String Beans" CD in the car.

"Achy Brakey Heart"-Another early CMT video that was on constantly. This reminds me of a large wall poster that made my sister's Christmas!

MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This"-4th Grade, and a very embarrassing pair of parachute pants. My girls have this song on their MP3's, they think it's funny.

"Yeah!" by Usher-quite possibly the first song Kylee ever sang. She was about 2, and barely talking, yet she could sing along with this song.

I'm sure there are more. The soundtrack for the Anderson Family 2007-2008 has to be Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus, followed closely by Jesse McCartney. Who knows what new songs are in store for us! Think back, what are some of yours?

No comments: