My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

When will it end?


The forecast for the next week is snow, snow, snow for Northern Idaho! When will Winter finally be over? Tonight they are warning about a possible 6-9"! Monte keeps asking me why I didn't plan our Jamaican vacation for earlier than April, and even though I did have a plan at the time, on days like today I am wondering the same thing.

I did find the perfect candle for snowy weather. I just started burning a WoodWick Candle this week that's called "Snowflake." It smells heavenly, like mint and white chocolate. If you've never tried a WoodWick candle, they are awesome! There is no smoke or black soot whatsoever. I will try to post a picture later of my candle, that has been burning for over 10 hours with NO black around the glass! They really do have a wood wick, which is cleaner and crackles while it burns. Very fun and it makes my whole house smell good!

We are supposed to take the kids bowling this afternoon. Depending on the weather, of course. I prefer not to drive 30 miles in a blizzard! If we go, I'm sure there will be comical stories to tell tomorrow.

My sister and I are having a weight loss contest. She just had a baby, and I just ate myself this way. Every week, the loser pays the other their difference in weight lost. Should be interesting, I will have to channel my exercise diva more often or I will be literally paying the price!

If it's snowing where you are, hopefully you have a warm fire and a sewing machine to cozy up to! I will be cozied up to my longarm all day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how nice of you to say I just had a baby, even though he's almost 1 year old! I can't believe it, I was supposed to be gone with this extra weight by now! You don't have to sugar-coat it, I think that it's fair to say I ate myself into this position too. Today was supposed to be my day off, but I did pilates today. Oooo, according to Kathy Smith you better watch out because my stomach is going to be flat and fabulous in no time! Off to play darts, forgot to tell you we got a board similar to yours so you better watch out cause we're practicing!