My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, January 25, 2008

She's Baaaaaack!!

Yesterday was the monthly Moda-University club meeting at my quilt shop. It's always a busy but fun day. And guess who decided to show up? That's right, my exercise loving alter ego. Right in the middle of the afternoon, she decides to do more kickboxing. I tried to tell her I had a meeting to prepare for that night, I tried to tell her I had quilts to quilt and dinner to fix, but she just wouldn't listen! So I was forced to do 45 minutes of cardio kickboxing, and I am feeling the results this morning! I am a little less sore than last time, so maybe that is progress?
Moda University is always a ton of fun, it is a great group of ladies. This month starts the second trimester of the Moda-U mystery quilt, "Piece and Plenty." It is getting soooo good, and now I am wishing I had kept up on mine! I decided in month 2 that I just didn't have time to make my own, and I am really reconsidering. The second set of blocks is even better than the first, and the blocks I have seen completed are gorgeous!!! I am a terrible at needle-turn applique, so I will need to work on that before I attempt it again.
After the meeting, I went home and got a little revenge on the exercise diva by eating a giant hot fudge sundae! There was only a tablespoon of fudge left, and I couldn't put it away like that, so it was extra chocolaty and wonderful. (Plus, Kylee thinks "Dad" ate all the fudge) I tried to go to bed around 11, but I don't think I fell asleep until 12:00. This is what was going through my head while I tossed and turned:

We're knights, that's right, we're always polite,
Our knightly skills are out of sight,
We're knights, that's right!

Will has been watching the hour long Backyardigans special 2x every day this week, usually once while I am quilting. And what did I wake up to this morning at 5am? Will was up watching it again! It's no wonder I can't stop singing it! My technique for today is NO caffeine so maybe I can get some rest tonight.

No comments: