My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Toilet Trauma, Part II

Toilet Trauma Part II takes place about a year after the first. It was early Summer, 2007. We were thick in the middle of building our house, working 16+ hours most days. We were exhausted at best.
We were living in a tiny apartment while our house was being built. All 5 of us were sharing one tiny bathroom. Close to the day of this story, my hair pick had gone missing. So, when the toilet started acting funny I had a sick feeling that I knew where my hair pick was! After returning to the apartment around 11pm, we had to fix the toilet. Monte removed it, and immediately could see that yes, the hair pick was the culprit. Due to his weak stomach, Monte refused to reach in and pull the pick out. Instead, he sent me back up to the house to retrieve a garden hose.

When I got back I walked into the most comical scene ever. Monte was outside in the yard, puking his guts out. Monte's niece's husband, Steve, was helping us on the house and staying overnight. When I walked in the apartment, Steve was laughing so hard he was bent over and crying. I guess Monte got tired of waiting, because he had donned a pair of gloves and removed the hair pick himself, which promptly sent him running outside. By the time Monte came back in, Steve and I were both laughing and crying, which made Monte mad. His yelling at us about how disgusting it was and how "NOT FUNNY" it was only made it funnier to us, sending us into new fits of laughter.

Thankfully, Will is out of the toilet flushing phase! Not without effect though. Kylee is still scared to flush the toilet in fear that it will overflow. For now, Monte's days as a plumber are thankfully over. However, the night he found my hairpick will remain in my top funniest moments ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my son flushed one of my hair picks down the toilet, too!! how did you guys get the toilet up off the ground? I unscrewed it and everything and it wouldn't come up. any suggestions?