My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Mini Me

The older Kylee gets, the more she is like me. I was reminded of this yesterday, when I turned on Jeepers Creepers II on T.V. I had seen the movie before, but there was nothing else on. Jeepers Creepers II is a good old fashioned horror flick, where a Bat/Scarecrow creature terrorizes a bus full of high school student in the mid-west, stranded on a highway surrounded by corn fields. It's highly unrealistic and dramatized, and pretty graphic. Since the girls were there, I wasn't sure I would leave it on. However, I don't believe in shielding them, and as long as they know it's not real and only for fun it's o.k. with me. Plus, there is none or very little bad language in this movie. It's purely for good old fashioned scares!

This is not Bailey's type of movie. She had nightmares after the Planet Earth episode about caves, so you can imagine that she is not into scary movies. I have been into them since I was younger than Bailey. I still remember finding a movie on one night called Clown House and watching it until my mom found out and made us turn it. I was 8 or 9 at the time. As it turns out, Kylee has the same fascination.

While Bailey buried herself in the computer and tried to ignore us, Kylee and I watched together for a while. Instead of being scared, she was interested and asked a lot of questions. "Is that a scarecrow?" "What's it doing?" etc. Since I'd seen it before, I decided to go in the other room and quilt. Kylee wanted to keep watching, and I could hear her from the other room. "Oooooo, it got the kid with the glasses!" I heard her say. Then she ran over to tell me about it. "Are you sure you won't have nightmares?" I asked her. "Nope," she said happily. Then she added, "Once, when we were in the apartment," (That's how all my kids refer to last year) "I dreamed that you still had your hair." Well that's good, I'm thinking, when she adds, "and you only had bones." Then, unfazed, she ran back to watch some more.

Pretty soon, I heard her say "Ewwwwww, his head is stuck on the pole," and then she ran in to tell me that the scarecrow got another kid and his head was stuck on a pole. By now, I'm thinking it's pretty clear that she's anything but scared. Actually, it was pretty entertaining to listen to her watching. And sure enough, no nightmares last night. Yep, she's definitely mine!

No comments: