My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow Day-Again!


Here in Northern Idaho we are really getting hammered by the snow! This is a picture of my front porch, usually 2 feet off the ground, it's now 2 feet lower than the snow! And, that 1 foot I thought was on our roof? Turned out, there was more like 3-4 feet in most places! Add that to the 6-10 inches we have gotten over the past 24 hours, and it's looking very white around here! Still, no book. My Duma Key novel is probably stuck in a snow bank somewhere!

Of course, this means that today is a snow day. Both at school and at the quilt shop, since officials have advised every one to stay home I am assuming that no one will have a quilting emergency strong enough to send them to the store today. This means that I get to stay home and quilt, but I also have to entertain my kids. This is no easy task, since they are getting quite stir crazy.

My goal with my bonus sewing time today is to finish my Charmed Jelly Roll Quilt. I am using the Urban Indigo fabric, and it is turning out beautifully. It is quilt as you go style, so it won't get lost in the "to be quilted" pile like most of my projects!

By the way, did you notice that another project dissappeared off of my "Current Projects" list? That's right, believe it or not, I finished my Crossroads Tabletopper. I made mine with an Autumn Journey Charm Pack, and it turned out great. I hope to quilt it this weekend, and then I will possibly post a picture!

One last thing, the Chicken Pronto the other night was very easy and very good! The only bad review came from Kylee, who won't touch anything that resembles a tomato with a ten foot pole. Her plate was divided into two piles, the noodles, chicken, and sauce, and the pile of anything that looked remotely like a chunk of tomato. Other than that, everyone enjoyed it! Tonight, it's an easy mac & cheese dish called Shipwreck Dinner.. Then, I'm going to cozy up on the couch and enjoy the season premiere of Lost. If I can't read my Stephen King novel, this is the next best thing!

No comments: