My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, February 1, 2008

It's Here, It's Finally Here!

Duma Key has finally arrived! So, let the all night read-a-thon begin! As if I don't have enough to do already, now there's a novel on the kitchen counter calling my name.

Snow is soooooooo bad for motivation when you hate the cold. Instead of getting tons of quilting and housework done, I'm getting less than normal done. There's no point in cleaning house when every 2 hours the kids get cold, tramp through the garage into the laundry room, drop all their sopping wet snow clothes on the floor (even though I've asked them to put their wet things by the fire at least 20 times) and proceed to drag out all of their toys. An hour later, their warm again, and the cycle repeats as they dress up and head out to get wet all over again. Between this and breaking up the fighting and solving the boredom, all of my creative energies are drained.

Then there's the 10 foot tall pile of snow blocking my front door. I have to get a picture tomorrow in the day light, it's just unbelievable the amount of snow we have. Monte's been shoveling the roof, and there is nowhere for it to go. By my estimates, we might be able to use the front walk around mid April. Nothing like looking out the front door at a wall of white to sap all the energy out of me!

Hopefully the Sunday Super Quilting Day I'm holding at the shop will help me to finish piecing the projects I have already started. Then I can cut into something new and start over again! The rest of the fabrics for the Garden Friends Quilt arrived today, and so it and the Choco Latte Kit are driving me mad. I'm finding it very hard to give either of these up to someone else to piece, no matter how ridiculous the idea of me getting them done is!

I'm praying that school will resume on Monday, and I can get back to normal. Believe it or not, I am missing my kickboxing. There's no satisfaction in it with the kids copying me, laughing and watching like I'm a circus freak show. They act like they've never seen me exercise or something.

No comments: