My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Help, I'm not ready yet!

Every Spring brings both joy and pain to my house. Joy, because Winter is finally leaving again, school is almost out, and boating season draws near. However, Spring also brings

cue the Phantom of the Opera music-----

the dreaded "lay-off."

Layoff is NOT a happy time at my house, and it has nothing to do with finances. In fact, if you have something for my husband to do for about a month or two, I might be willing to pay you to hire him!

This year, lay off threatens to happen earlier than ever. With the dumping of snow that we continue to get this week, (10 inches here and another 12+ expected) there are rumors that layoff could happen as early as 2 weeks from now. Which has me wondering, will I survive?

After 1 day off, Monte becomes unbearable. Don't dare to change the tv channel, ask him to shower, or mention the piles of dishes and dirty clothes left around the house by him! And, if you value your life at all, DON'T mention that you have been waiting all year for the bathroom trim to be finished, the broken light to be fixed, and the tires on your car to be rotated! The best method of survival? Avoid eye contact, keep him well fed, and pray for better weather to come fast. So, that's what you can find me doing for the next few months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, you'll pay him to come do stuff around my house?? Right on! Too bad the weather wasn't nicer because I could sure use a landscaper :).