My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm Addicted!

About 3 or 4 years ago, I ordered a set of work out DVD's called Turbo Jam. I used them intermittenly for a few months, but eventually they found their way to the back of the movie cupboard, collecting dust. Well, a few weeks ago I got them out again, and for some reason this time it's sticking!
Anything that can tear me away from quilting must be pretty good, and so far Turbo Jam is doing the trick. I workout with the DVD's 45 minutes every day except weekends, and some days I do over an hour! For me, this is some serious progress, since I've never been paticularily athletic and especially not good at pushing myself into a sweat. It's making it especially hard to get much quilting done, but I just can't seem to help myself!
I usually miss work outs over the weekend, since it's just too hard with the kids and Monte home, and not as much fun with an audience. Boy do I feel it, though! All weekend, I'm tired, cranky, and just generally don't feel well. By Monday, I can't wait to work out again. It's getting so bad that I've decided to start finding things for Monte and the kids to do outside the house, just so I can get my weekend work out in.
So, you might think that this would be creating some serious weight loss. So far, sadly, that's not the case. I've just about decided to quit weighing, because it can be discouraging, even though I feel so much better. If I could just give up that morning latte, it might help, right? And then there's the evening glass of wine. But hey, Dr. Oz says that one glass of wine a day helps keep you young and healthy. Who want's to give that up, especially since I found a red wine I actually kind of like. (I tried one over Christmas that tasted like smelly feet, no kidding!)

My latest obsession is the annual Camp Turbo Kick. I'm seriously considering going, it looks like a blast. Since I won't go alone, I'm trying to talk my mom or sister into going with me. I can't be the only uncoordinated one there, can I?

Our only close neighbor returns from Winter in Mexico next week. Guess that means tomorrow I'll be buying the remaining window blinds for my living room. They'll stay shut until I start looking like the people in the videos. Hey, stop laughing, never say never, right?

1 comment:

Angelia said...

I too am a mom of 3 and a Turbo Jam lover. Is it not the most fun you have had working out! I d o the same thing on the weekends- try to find something for everyone to be so I can work out have to get my Jam on!