My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's only money....

It's only money, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself today. I spent the day shopping for new display pieces for the quilt shop. My mom and I share a love of antiques and old things. The older, more worn and beat up it is, the better! We found some great things at an eclectic store we love in Rockford, WA. Now we can't wait to rearrange the shop tomorrow! I will try to post some pictures when we are finished.

If that wasn't enough excitement for one day, the kids and I took a drive this evening to Lewiston. It's nice to get away from the snow once in awhile, and the kids are so tired of being snow bound and shut up in the house. Hopefully it was enough to get them through a day off from school tomorrow without driving me mad!


Will is turning into quite the little shopper!
"Here Mom, we should get these for you," he said about a pair of jeans. Bless his heart, they were a junior's size 7! If only.....
"No," I told him, "I only like jeans with pockets on the back.
Expert shopper that he is, he wasted no time in finding a different pair. "Here, these ones have pockets," he showed me. What a sweetie!

Hopefully this week is a productive quilting week. I'm taking Tuesday and Wednesday off from the shop to ensure that it is. Believe it or not, I did get started blanket stitching on my tablerunner that was previously in pieces for a couple months. If only I could find what happened to my heavy weight black thread, I could start stitching the applique on my Garden Friends quilt. (Thank goodness all of our toilets are working, or I wouldn't have to look for the thread! Remember Toilet Trauma, Part 1 and Part 2?) Three Garden Friends blocks down, 3 more to go! I promise pictures later this week!

No comments: