My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Quilting Product of the Week-Yo Yo's!


It's Monday Again!!! This week, I am choosing Yo-Yo's and everything that goes with them for the product of the week. You may know already that I have never been very good at doing anything that requires handwork. If it is possible to use a sewing machine, I do! However, I have always admired yo-yo projects and thought they were very neat. Until the recent introduction of Yo-Yo Makers, I was unwilling to try making any of my own. Now, I am finding them to be a lot of fun, and a great way to make your projects unique! My current Garden Friends project uses yo-yo's in the center of a few flowers. Even though they still require some hand work, the yo-yo makers come in all shapes and sizes, and with them making yo-yo's is effortless!
I recently received the new book from Indygo Junction, Yo-Yo Fashions. This book is packed with great and unconventional ways to use yo-yo's. There are scarves, sweaters, belts, even shoes! One of my favorites is the yo-yo jeans, which I am making for my girls to wear this spring! I purchased a pair of jeans last night on clearance for only $9.00, and I'm going to use them to make Kylee's pair. They are absolutely adorable, with yo-yo's around the bottom of each leg, and a matching yo-yo key chain to hook in one belt loop.
You will also find yo-yo's making a come back in many new patterns, such as the cute Valentine's patterns from Sandy Gervais. Kim Diehl also uses yo-yo's to make awesome quilts in her Simple Seasons book. Even if you think you don't like hand work, you should give these a try!

No comments: