My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Things I've Learned From My Kids

Here is some practical advice I've learned over the past year or so:

If you're thinking of moving or building, and think you might save a few by have 2 kids share 1 room, try it for a while. After countless days and nights of giggling, cat fighting, toy stealing, and general insanity, you just might find out you can afford that extra bedroom after all.

Sending your oldest 2 kids to your sisters for a week can be a life saver. They'll have a blast, you'll get more stuff done than you did in the entire past year, and you're sister won't mind because she's only got 1 kid of her own and hasn't been driven completely insane yet. So Jami, what are you doing next summer, say for a week in July???

No matter how tired you are of shoveling snow, you should still remove the 10 foot pile next to your front door. Otherwise, you just might come home to find your kids practicing their balancing skills on the roof.

Save yourself a ton of money and buy 1 Christmas present/kid, plus stocking stuffers. It wouldn't be Christmas without stockings, and 1 toy is all they're going to play with anyways once the cloud of wrapping paper and ribbon clears.

Tomatoes are "Ewwwwwww gross," but diced tomatoes aka "seasoning" are actually pretty good.

Once your youngest is smart enough to say, "No, SHE did it," you might as well give up and send them all to their rooms. You're never going to get the truth anyways.

It doesn't matter what kind or how big of a car you buy. They're still going to find a reason to fight 5 minutes out of the driveway. Invest in a good set of ear plugs instead.

I learn new things every day, so consider this post "to be continued....."

No comments: