My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What Happened to Simple Common Sense?

Things happen every day that seem to defy simple common sense. Where has common sense gone, and how do we get it back? I wish I knew. So, if anyone is listening, please give some real thought to your actions and apply your common sense. Here are some most recent examples:

This morning while I dropped my kids off at school, I watched as a high school student carefully backed his 4x4 Chevy Pickup into a parking space. So what, right? Well, how about the fact that his back yard borders the football field. What ever happened to saving the planet and walking to school??? My children live almost a mile from the school, but you can bet when they are old enough they will do their fair share of walking.

This week's Kindergarten newsletter included 2 reminders for parents. First, the newsletter requested that parents not send kids to school who are coughing uncontrolably, or who have a fever. Is it just me, or is that a no-brainer? It is clear to me why my kids are sick every other week through-out the school year.

If that's not bad enough, the second reminder is still bothering me 2 days after I read it. It said "Please wash your children's winter clothing. The hallway is starting to smell." Wow, it is just WRONG that a reminder is necessary with respect to washing your children's clothing, especially if they are stinking up the entire school. I was so grossed out after reading this, I immediately tossed my kids coats, snow pants, and hats into the washer. I know for a fact they were just washed last week, after my 2 younger kids discovered a mud hole and decided to roll in it. However, just the thought of my kids' clothes hanging in the "smelly" hallway made me feel like washing them again, and again, and again.

Phew, I feel so much better. I just had to get this off my chest. Now, back to quilting!

No comments: