My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dear Hubby Fixes Quilt Machine

I'm almost 1/2 way done quilting Garden Friends, but had to take a break last night for Monte to fix my one-stitch button. This button is a life saver. I would have blisters on my fingers if I had to roll the wheel by hand to tie off my threads! My button has been on the fritz for a few weeks now, and last night if finally quit completely.
Fixing the button entails detatching the handlebars from the main machine, removing the old button, and re-saudering a new one on before putting everything back together. If the thought of Monte operating a sauder gun anywhere near my machine makes you nervous, you're not the only one! However, I must say he did a very nice job and so far the button is working perfectly.
Monte was rather agreeable about fixing it, probably because fixing anything at our house means purchasing yet another tool we don't have, because apparantly there's always another tool we miraculously haven't purchased yet. Of course, Monte had to get a sauder gun. Plus, as he was fixing it he casually mentioned that he might stop today and purchase a new pair of pliers because his were getting "worn out." In the interests of keeping the peace, I decided not to point out that he has a drawer full of other pairs of pliers in the garage that work perfectly.
Oh well, he has his tools and I have my quilts, right?

No comments: