My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Quilting Goals for Today

I have a lot of quilting to get done today. It is Monday, my entire day at home (hopefully) and I have ambitious goals. First, I AM finishing Garden Friends today. I have to buttonhole the sunflowers, then attach the last two borders, and ta-da! It's done!
I have also decided that I have to get 2 large quilts quilted today. The first is already loaded on the machine, which is sometimes half the work.
Add this to the mountain of clean laundry waiting to be folded, a few beds to change, dishes to wash, and you have my day.
Since I managed to get Kylee off to school today, I already feel like I've fought the battle. She didn't get enough sleep last night, or the night before, which means she turns into an absolute bear! She spent the entire morning screaming because I wouldn't let her wear a tank top to school, even though she would "wear my big coat and zip it all the way." Then, she didn't want anything I offered her to eat. She was "cold" because of the shirt I'd picked out for her. Then, she climbed back in bed, from which I had to drag her and demand she finish getting ready. Of course, then she was "hungry." Then, her socks were "too big" and she had to change them. Plus, I didn't pick out the right shoes, and she hated what I made her for lunch so she was going to "forget it."
Yikes! Some body's going to bed early tonight! I sent her to school with her lunch in hand, a cereal bar to eat for breakfast, with gym shoes in her bag, and in the shirt I had picked out. So, I guess I won, but now I'm exhausted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it looks like somebody takes after their mother in the morning. Just kidding :). That's Kylee for you.