My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Why Monte Shouldn't Golf

My husband, Monte, has golfed less than 5 times since I've known him. This doesn't stop him from thinking he's a real golfer. He used to ask for a set of golf clubs every time there was a gift giving occassion. (Christmas, birthday, Father's Day, etc.) Finally, he realized that they just weren't coming, since I refuse to spend hundreds on something that will be used less than once a year.
So, imagine his joy when Monte happened to be dumping a load of garbage at the same time someone else happened to toss their old set of golf clubs. Instead, the golf clubs ended up coming home with Monte, who was totally pleased with himself at his good fortune. (By the way, one of those same golf clubs put the dents in our laundry room door)
Surprise! Those golf clubs have never been used since. And yet, the only thing Monte and my brother wanted to do while we were in Salt Lake City was go golfing. (My brother golfs about as much as my husband) So, the guys headed to the golf course for the day.
I've never golfed myself, but apparantly there's some kind of contraption used to wash golf balls. Proving that he shouldn't pretend to be a golfer, while using the golf ball washer, Monte turned to my brother in front of a group of other golfers, and without realizing what he was about to say, asked "Hey, want me to wash your balls?"

No comments: