My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Books!

Last night Monte and I got quite a laugh from Will.

The kids were reading before bed, when Will came running into the living room with his Little Critter books in hand. These are some of his favorites, and he got a set of 3 for Christmas that he's very protective of.
Will's lip puckered as he ran to the me and said, "The girls say these are their's, but they're not, they're mine." He was so distraut over it he was about to cry.
I assured him that every one knows they are Will's books, and told him the girls were just trying to make him mad.
The next thing we hear is a noise from the kitchen. "Uh oh," I'm thinking, because Bailey's candy sales arrived yesterday and there was an open box on the counter. I looked at Monte, and he looked at me and mouthed "Candy?" We were certain Will was sneaking a piece or two or three, so Monte says loudly, "What are you doing?"
Much to our surprise, Will answers, "Putin' my name in my books," to which Monte and I both start laughing. Will is almost 4, and has just learned in the past few months to write his name.
We peaked around the corner of the kitchen and watched him as he bent over his books in concentration. He was so focused, he didn't notice us, even though we were both holding in our laughter. Inside of each book, on the cover, is a space that says "This book belongs to..." Will was busy writing his name in all 3 books. He wrote something, shook his head, "no," erased, rewrote, whispering to himself the whole time. "W......no...erase...circle.....there, my name."
When he finished, Will marched into the living room and announced, "There, I'm going to show the girls," and he promptly turns around and marches down the hall to make sure they know those are his books, leaving Monte and I laughing.

No comments: