My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thank You Dell, Goodbye Toshiba

Farewell, my 5 year old Toshiba laptop. It's been nice working with you. I promise to give you a break, and only request the occasional performance when I require a backup for travel and home. You have served your purpose well. I know I bought you, poor little Toshiba, with the sole intent of Internet access for online classes. I know I promised not to clog your memory with music and pictures, and not to require too much speed and agility from you. I realize I have not kept my promises. I know you have corn-nut dust under your keys. I know that your keyboard was maimed by a certain crazy little boy, and you have been overworked by me, The Crazy Quilter, and two girls with a passion for online games featuring Bratz and Barbies. I promise to give you an honorable retirement at my home, where you can display girly games to your heart's content.

Greetings, new, beautiful Dell desktop, with your sleek flat screen monitor and your functioning mouse. I am pleased to meet you and can't wait to see all that you can help me with. I promise to keep aforementioned crazy little boy away from you. I promise to prevent you from being subjected to all sorts of online games featuring glammed up girl dolls. I promise to confine all of my music and pictures to a separate memory stick. In return, I request that you work quickly and silently. I ask that you not display the "USB device not recognized" message every time you go into hibernation, making it impossible to print shipping labels and pushing me to make the post office deadline. Thank you, dear desktop, for arriving so timely, working so perfectly, and taking up so little space on my small desk. By the way, I love the current news and weather display on my desktop screen. Very cool! I know we will make a lovely team!

1 comment:

JPope said...

Nay nay! On behalf of Dell, thank *you* for choosing a Dell desktop and for being our customer. Glad to hear all the pieces came together so well (pun intended).