My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bye, bye, Simplicity & Christmas Lights

Since the idea of me finished the Simplicity quilt in this decade is utterly ridiculous, I passed it to my friend Susie. I'm hoping to have it done for a quilt show in April, and if anyone can do it, Susie can! I'd love to be greedy and try to do it myself, but seriously, how long has "Garden Friends" been the only project on my list?

I am working on it, I swear! I'm down to the outer sunflower border, and it's looking awesome. I have to get it quilted before I leave on vacation, along with about a million other things, and the clock is ticking! Not to mention that I keep finding more fabrics and more patterns to make. Sleep, housework, cooking, what are they???

I did reach my Christmas Lights limit yesterday, and finally attempted to finish taking them down. You might remember that I can't stand stale decorations. (You people that still not only have yours up, but TURNED ON, what are you thinking? You missed the memo: CHRISTMAS IS OVER!)
We were unable to take them down in January because they had frozen in ice to the gutters in many places. Finally yesterday, after pulling into the driveway and catching sight of them hanging off the house, I had had enough. So, the first thing I do is climb the 7' mountain of snow beside my porch, pull on the lights, and cut my lower lip with a broken bulb as they fell down. It's not too bad of a cut, but it did bleed a lot and make me look like I had been in a fight.
When Monte got home, all I had to say was "Go finish the lights. I cut my lip," and he had them down in 5 minutes. If I had known that was all it would take, I would've cut myself 2 months ago!

So, it's back to quilting today. Finishing Garden Friends is top on my list!

No comments: