My photo
Welcome to my blogs, where I work to inspire and motivate others. I love sharing the art of quilting with others. I also love living a meaningful, healthy life, and teaching my children to do the same. Join me here to find out what works for me, and how you can use it in your own life!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Road Trip!

Oh, I've been such a baaaaad blogger!!!! Missing 3 days in a row, what was I thinking? Well.....I was thinking ROAD TRIP! I was really thinking road trip all week last week, but I had to keep it top secret since the point of the road trip was to surprise my Sister and her husband by crashing my nephew's 1st birthday! Yes, it's true, not even 700 miles can keep us from coming over uninvited.

My girls love their Aunt Jami, and I couldn't keep it a secret from them. They were diligently making lists of what they were going to pack as early as Monday. So, come Thursday evening my family of 5, plus my parents and my brother, left Deary at 7:15pm and headed for Salt Lake City! I was super prepared. I'd been to Walmart that afternoon and picked up a double screen portable DVD player, plus 5 new movies, snacks, and MP3 batteries for Bailey. There was no way I was going to be stuck in a car for 11 hours with bored kids!

It actually took us 2 cars to get there, so we took radios to talk to each other. It was like a comical version of the Griswald Family Vacation with a little bit of Smokey and the Bandit thrown in. (Without the wood paneled station wagon and dead Grandma, of course) Although, there might have been a dead Grandma if that West Jordan Starbucks employee had brought his gun to work.....more about that later!

We drove all night, and after hitting morning rush hour traffic on the edges of Salt Lake, we finally arrived around 8:30am. Hopefully they were happy to see us, I guess if they move and forget to send us their forwarding address we'll know why! It was a short but fun trip. I even managed to lose a pound despite eating burgers, pizza, birthday cake, and an unGodly amount of Starbucks!

We drove home Sunday, it took all day and was much worse than the drive down. The kids were AWAKE this time, making it more difficult to keep them occupied. By the time we arrived home, Monte had informed me that he would not be returning unless it was by plane. I must say, I agree, although I think he was just chomping at the bit to get home in time to watch the season premiere of Ax Men.

So, back to the schedule here! I will be working on catching up today. Watch for more posts soon!

No comments: